Thursday, November 11, 2010

So, how are ya?

I know.  I have been away.  I got a little frustrated with where I ended up.  I almost GAVE up.

I am in the maintenance phase of my diet.  I really have not been watching what I eat.  But I am excited to announce that I have not had a gain so I guess that is freaking awesome!

Most of you know that I am starting Round 2 on Thanksgiving Day.  I am ready to begin anew and try to lose another 20 lbs this time.  Of course I am hoping for 30 but I will be ecstatic with 20.

In other news...I met someone.  Yeah.  Weird.

You know, I was really going to just work on me this year.  Just take some time and get all right with myself.  Most of you know what my life has been like for the past few years.  Trauma and Drama.  Major!  I was done with that.  Finished.

That is why it is so weird that I find myself in a whole lotta like with someone new in my life.  We met on Sunday.  He took me out to dinner.  A Real DATE!  My first since the divorce.  It was really nice.  We have a lot in common.  We had great conversation and I laughed when a waiter (not ours) came up and joined in as it must have been very interesting.  Not an awkward moment the whole evening.

We have spent quite a bit of time with each other since Sunday.  He came to dinner Tuesday night and brought my kid a board game which he created himself.  How awesome is that?  We are hoping to play it this weekend sometime.  He is thoughtful and easy going.  No drama.  BEST PART!!  HE is friends with his ex-wife.  Even with no children involved.  It is not very often that you find that.

I know I made a promise to myself that I would not get involved seriously with someone for at least a year.  I know what kind of hell I lived through the past year and I will NEVER repeat it.  But I can't just pass him by and not even give it a chance.  I don't want to throw away something that might be great just because I am still raw from being burned.  I don't know.

You guys and girls don't have to remind me to be careful.  I am OVER careful.  I over analyze everything.  I question everything.  I never take anything spoken as truth.  It is painful.  But I am protecting myself and my child.  My life....my rules.  He is cool with that.  And I appreciate that very very much.

Right now, I am just going to enjoy the happiness he brings into my life daily with his enthusiasm and his joy for life and his love for animals and nature and art and Transformers.  I will just revel in the fact that he finds joy in my presence as well.  And that little things like reading a story together or cooking him dinner just make him so appreciative.  (*I just noticed my gratuitous use of the word appreciative in this post, great word*) And we will go from here.  Nothing will be forced.  We will just let life happen and in the end, see where we end up.  I deserve a little happiness dang it.  So I am not going to feel bad about breaking a promise to myself.

How are things with YOU?

1 comment:

  1. I am happy if you are happy. I just want you to take things a slower pace. I feel like you were being pushed with the last DUDE.

    I can't stay on a diet. I gain a frickin' pound! I think its my happy pill. It's more of lack of drive pill! Sure I don't cry all the time but I don't do anything either or I am in a rage. Scary for Roy!!

    I have posted most of the Saga of Eddie and Loretta.
    Cut out the Negative Nadine!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comment so I know you aren't a Zombie.